Posted: Oct 28, 2013 10:33 AM
Ragin' Cajun fans have plenty of ways to celebrate the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's 2013 Homecoming.
The week before the homecoming football game is packed with activities, including a golf tournament and road race. One of the highlights is the traditional parade on the morning of Nov. 2.
This year's Homecoming theme is "Best Homecoming Week Ever."
The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns will face the New Mexico State Aggies at 4 p.m. on Nov. 2 at Cajun Field.
Here's a look at the full schedule of Homecoming events:
· Paint the Town Red - Businesses, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Paint the Town Red - Schools, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· College of Nursing Alumni Chapter Reception, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Alumni Center
· Tennis Tournament, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Red Lerille's Health and Racquet Club
· Bill Bass Open Golf Tournament, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Les Vieux Chenes Golf Course
· Paint the Town Red - Downtown Alive!, UL Lafayette Homecoming Pep Rally, Parc International, 5:30 p.m., with a performance by 5th Avenue
· Ragin' Cajuns Lettermen Club Hall of Fame Reception, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Alumni Center
· Ragin' One Mile Fun Run, 8 a.m., Alumni Center
· Ragin' Road Race (5K run/walk), 8 a.m., Alumni Center
· Open House, 9 a.m. to noon, Alumni Center
· Homecoming Parade, 10 a.m. to noon, viewing at Alumni Center
· Home Economics Alumni Chapter 75th Anniversary Celebration, noon to 4 p.m., University Research Park near the Picard Center
· Red Jackets Reunion, noon, Alumni Center
· Alumni Association Tailgating Party, 1 p.m., Cajun Field
· Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns vs. New Mexico State Aggies, 4 p.m., Cajun Field
· Christiana Smith Chapter's "Sweet Sounds of Sharing," starting at 8 p.m., Alumni Center
For more information, visit www.louisianaalumni.org/site303.php