Apr 13, 2014 8:21 PM by Cecilia Stevenson

Surge protector causes major mobile home damage

The Scott Fire department was dispatched to a residential fire early Sunday morning. Just after 6:47 a.m. firefighters arrived in the 1100 block of Roper Drive at the Shiloh Mobile Home Park.

The mobile home located at, 1111 Roper Drive Lot 16, had extremely dense fire shooting through the windows, roof and a front portion of the home. The front portion of the mobile home was totally destroyed as a result of the fire. The back portion of the trailer received moderate smoke damage.

The residents of the home were not there at the time.There are no injuries to report.

After an investigation, firefighters determined the fire started where a surge protector was located, which was positioned underneath an air conditioner window unit.

The fire was ruled as an accident.



»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular