Lafayette

Jun 28, 2012 7:15 AM by Cecilia Stevenson

Stolen Copper Causes Apartment Fire

Soldering copper caused a fire in Ile Des Cannes Apartment Complex late Wednesday night. A fire broke out around 9:45pm Wednesday, June 26, 2012, in the 100 block of Basin Dr. Heavy smoke was reported coming from the roof of the four-plex. There was little damage to the overall structure and no injuries as a result of the incident. Replaced and repaired copper, that was stolen earlier in the week, are said to be the cause of the wall igniting and starting the blaze.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular