Posted: Oct 22, 2010 8:42 AM by Nichole Larkey
CLINTON, La. (AP) - Two state agencies have removed all of the children in their care from a Clinton group home after a youth was injured earlier this month.
Louisiana Department of Social Services spokesman Trey Williams said the agency placed a moratorium on the introduction of additional children at the Challenge and Development Center in September because of safety concerns.
Williams, citing privacy rules, wouldn't provide details about the Oct. 6 incident in which the youth was injured.
Clinton Police Chief Eddie Stewart told The Advocate newspaper that the incident started with some "horseplay" that escalated into a physical confrontation with a staff member.
The center's director Gail Polk declined comment Thursday when contacted.