Apr 27, 2010 5:36 PM by Melissa Canone
A St. Landry Parish Public Awareness will be held Wednesday April 28, at St. Edmund's Jeanmard Hall from 6-7:30 p.m.
Capt. Jack West of the Covington Police Dept. will talk about teenage and young adults social trends.
After parents complete this course they will know, according to the parish:
• Sex practices of 10 to 14 years old.
• The current drugs that are popular with children and the paraphernalia associated with them.
• The common places teenagers hide drugs.
• Clothing and shoes specifically designed to hide drugs.
• Be aware of the various theme parties in High School and Junior High.
• Understand the potential dangers of MySpace, Facebook and other websites and dating sites.
For more information call Joan Godeaux at 337-457-4040.
5 hours ago