Lafayette

Oct 8, 2010 2:47 PM by Kate Mundy and Lafayette Fire Department

Son Dies from Fire, Mother Pulled From Window

At 8:19 this morning, Lafayette Fire Department responded to 203-D Long Plantation Boulevard to a reported townhouse fire. Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy smoke coming from a two story townhouse. One of the owners, Lowell Evans, 74, was outside pointing at the window on the second floor. His wife, Margaret Evans, 68, was leaning out of the upstairs window with heavy smoke bellowing from behind.

Evans also informed firefighters that his son was inside. Firefighters quickly laddered the building and pulled the 66-year old female out of the window. Upon entering the dwelling, the son, Michael Evans , 44, was removed from the first floor living room area. Attempts were made by firefighters and Acadiana Ambulance to revived Michael Evans, but were not successful. Michael Evans did not survive. The townhouse was occupied by the Evans and their 44-year old son.

Lowell Evans left earlier that morning. When he returned, he noticed a light smoke outside and heard his wife screaming out of the window. He quickly dialed 911.

Evans was transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation and minor burns.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular