News

Mar 25, 2010 11:06 AM by Letitia Walker

Snake Fire in Monroe

MONROE, La. (AP) - A Monroe man's attempt to get rid of snakes

in his yard ended up sending his wife to the hospital and burning

down his shed.

      The News-Star reports, the man, whose name the Monroe Fire

Department did not immediately release, apparently started several

fires with pieces of paper in his shed and around his yard in an

attempt to eliminate several snakes.

      The shed caught fire and sent smoke billowing into the couple's

nearby home.

      Firefighters extinguished the blaze Wednesday shortly after they

arrived on the scene.

      Fire investigator Tommy James says the man will be cited for

unauthorized burning, and police say the man will likely have to

appear in court.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular