Feb 21, 2014 7:16 AM by KATC
On February 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Scott Fire Department responded to a reported residential fire located at 107 Sylvia Street in Scott.
Upon arrival (9:52 PM), units observed smoke coming from the attic and a back wall of the structure.
Firefighters entered the home, utilizing a thermal camera, and determined there was a fire in the wall, which had spread into the attic area. Within minutes, the fire was quickly brought under control.
After an investigation, the fire was determined to be accidental in nature. Residents were smoking and improperly disposed of a cigarette near the rear door threshold, igniting a small fire. The fire traveled up the interior wall and into the attic.
Damage to the home was minimal, and no one was injured during the incident.
11 hours ago