News

Feb 11, 2014 10:30 PM by AP

Shreveport family exposed to carbon monoxide

SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) - A Shreveport family - four adults and three children - are recovering after being exposed to carbon monoxide.

KTBS-TV reports the Shreveport Fire Department responded to a medical emergency call Tuesday morning in which a whole family was complaining of shortness of breath, nausea and vomiting.

When crews arrived, they found a carbon monoxide meter measuring 124 parts per million of carbon monoxide. The acceptable OSHA 8-hour exposure to CO is 35 parts per million.

The family was removed from the home, treated and transported to area hospitals.

Fire officials remind citizens in homes with natural gas appliances to install carbon monoxide detectors and to have them serviced regularly by licensed technicians.

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular