Sep 3, 2011 6:03 PM
Roads are closed in parts of Southeast Louisiana due to flooding and high winds from Tropical Storm Lee. Before traveling, check 511 Traveler Information website at www.511la.org for the latest information. Current closures include:
* Louisiana highway 1 is closed to traffic south of the Golden Meadow Floodgate due to high water.
* US 90 at the floodgate to Chef Pass is closed to traffic due to tidal flooding.
* US 11 is closed to traffic at Irish Bayou due to tidal flooding.
* DOTD has closed the Ostrica and Empire locks due to tropical storm force winds.
* US 51 (Frontage Rd.) is closed to traffic south of Ruddock due to flooding.
* The Plaquemine Ferry is currently shut down due to high winds
* The Danzinger, Judge Seeber and Yscloskey bridges are currently closed to marine traffic in the Greater New Orleans area, but open to vehicular traffic.
DOTD urges motorists to use extra caution when traveling on roadways during hazardous weather conditions and to stay off the roads whenever possible. Motorists should drive slowly and carefully, and avoid driving while distracted.