Nov 1, 2013 11:23 AM by Press Release
Several roads will be closed adjacent to the university's campus for UL Lafayette Homecoming events on Saturday, Nov. 2. A Ragin' Road race/walk will begin at 8 a.m. near the Girard Park side of the university campus. The Homecoming parade will run from Cajun Field to Taft Street at E. St. Mary Boulevard starting at 10 a.m.
The UL Lafayette Police Department is advising motorists to avoid areas where the streets are closed, unless viewing the race or the parade. Once the streets are closed, no vehicular traffic will be allowed to pass.
Race/Walk road closures start 7:45 a.m.
• E. St. Mary Blvd. from Johnston St. to Harding St.
• Taft St. from E. St. Mary Blvd. to E. University Ave.
• Rex St.
• All of E. Lewis St.
• All of Girard Park Circle
• Girard Park Dr. from E. St. Mary Blvd. to Girard Park Circle
• All of Hospital Dr.
• Coolidge from Hospital Dr. to E. St. Mary Blvd.
These streets will be closed until the end of the race.
Homecoming Parade road closures start 10 a.m.
• Cajundome Blvd. from W. Congress to Johnston St.
• Johnston St. from S. College to E. University Ave.
• E. St. Mary Blvd. from Johnston St. to Taft St.
• Taft St. from E. Saint Mary Blvd. to E. University Ave.
These streets will be closed until the end of the parade.
2 hours ago