Nov 11, 2013 12:19 PM by Ian Auzenne
Lafayette fire officials say a local bar suffered heavy fire and smoke damage following a blaze that broke out this morning.
Firefighters were called to Legends in the 3700 block of Pinhook Road around 7:30 a.m.
Alton Trahan with the Lafayette Fire Department says the fire started in the back of the facility in a storage room. According to Trahan, the building is salvageable despite the damage.
Trahan says the fire started after employees took washed rags out of a dryer and immediately into plastic bags. This, he says, caused spontaneous combustion.
The fire has been ruled an accident.
6 hours ago