Lafayette

Oct 10, 2012 8:30 AM by Ian Auzenne

Officials: Cigarette Flame Near Oxygen Tank Sparks Fatal Fire

A fire in Lafayette this morning has left one person dead. Fire investigators say 77-year-old Geneive McZeal died in the blaze at 99 Ambroise Street. Dispatchers received the call just after 2:30 this morning. When firefighters first arrived they noticed only light smoke. McZeal's husband told them she was still inside the home. Investigators say the fire likely began while McZeal, who used an oxygen tank to breathe, was lighting a cigarette or smoking. Officials say the flame ignited oxygen inside her nose piece.

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular