Lafayette

Jan 5, 2014 2:33 AM by katc

No Injuries in Scott Residential Fire

The Scott Fire Department is investigating a fire that happened Saturday night at 721 Lebesque Road, Lot 28, in Scott.

Investigators say around 8:47 pm, they arrived to find a fire on the porch and living room of the home, which had begun spreading throughout the structure. Neighbors told investigators that the resident was still inside the home. Initial crews entered the structure to search for the resident while a second crew entered to try to extinguish the blaze.

The second crew extinguished the fire, containing it to the living room and kitchen area. The home had major smoke damage.

Investigators say the fire was determined to be an electrical outlet in the living room wall that shorted out.

Investigators say the resident was not home at the time of the fire, however crews rescued a pit bull inside the house. The dog was taken to a local veterinarian to be examined and treated.

No one was injured in the incident.

Units from Carencro and Duson responded to assist Scott firefighters in the incident.

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular