News

May 18, 2010 12:00 AM by Jim Hummel

Neighbors Pull Man From Burning Home

A 57 year old man is recovering and lucky to be alive after being pulled from a fire in his mobile home Monday.  The Lafayette Fire Department was called to 204 John Wayne Drive for a reported structure fire.  The home's occupant, Steve Guidry was found lying on the ground across the street, having been pulled out a window by his neighbors, including Lorena Thomas.

"He wasn't responding at all, we just knew we had to get him out," Thomas said.

Guidry was in and out of consciousness, and was transported to a Lafayette hospital for treatment of second degree burns and smoke inhalation, but is expected to recover.

Fire investigators determined that the fire was accidental.  It originated in a waste basket in the bathroom adjacent to the master bedroom. An improperly discarded cigarette was to blame.

 

Jim Hummel

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular