Posted: Jun 27, 2012 1:43 PM by KATC
Updated: Jun 27, 2012 1:43 PM
A few places have opened their doors to help people get out of the heat since power is out in Morgan City.
St. Bernadette in Bayou Vista is offering M.C. residents without power a place to come and get out of the heat. They are asking that you please bring anything you may need.
The Morgan City Municipal Auditorium will be open until 6:00 tonight. Water and food will not be provided. Anyone who needs transportation to the auditorium, should call St. Mary Community Action Agency 337-828-5703.
The Berwick Civic Center is available for only medical special needs patients needing power for breathing machine, life support, Kidney machines, etc. This Center is not open to public. Please bring sleeping bag, pillow, & water or any necessities. This is only for medical purposes only.
Also the City of Morgan City is still asking to conserve water. Residents should check on your elderly neighbors.
According to Superintendent Donald Aguillard, the following adjustments are due to the power outage:
* Summer Remediation testing at the Morgan City Junior High School scheduled for today is cancelled.
* Morgan City Jr High summer school location has been moved to Berwick Jr High beginning Thursday June 28th through Tuesday July 3rd.
* Morgan City area buses will continue to run regular routes, but students will be delivered to the BJHS location.
* Parents can drive students to the BJHS location if needed.
* These changes do not impact any other summer school sites.
The St. Mary Community Action at the Bayou Vista Community Center will be serving lunch for children 18 and under, regardless of income, from 11:30a to 12:30p. This is part of an ongoing program that will last until July 20th.
Picture: A few people find relief at the Morgan City Municipal Auditorium.