Nov 16, 2009 1:56 PM by sleonard

Morgan City Police Arrest Report: November 16, 2009

MCPD Release 11/16/2009


Arrested: 11/15/09 @ 5:46pm, Location: Florida St MC
Wayne L. Haynes, 36yoa, Garber St. MC
Charge: 1.) Warrant: Armed Robbery,& Poss. Of Firearm By Convicted Felon
2.) Resisting An Officer 3.) Warrant-for State Probation and Parole
Officers responded to a tip that Haynes was in the area of Florida St. in Morgan City. Haynes was being sought on an armed robbery warrant from an April 18, 2009 incident during which he robbed a male subject at gunpoint for $340.00 cash. Also at the time of the robbery Haynes was a convicted felon and could not possess the firearm he used in the robbery. Haynes was spotted on Florida St. by responding officers and when approached Haynes fled on foot. Officers gave chase and eventually caught Haynes and he was taken into custody and booked into the City Jail. During booking it was learned that Haynes was also wanted by State Probation and Parole Authorities and a hold was placed for that Agency. No bond set at this time.



Arrested: 11/15/09 @ 2:33am, Location: Florence St. MC
Scott A. Robison, 53yoa, Florence St. MC
Charges: 1.) Careless Operation W/ Crash 2.) Hit And Run
3.) Driving While Intoxicated 2nd. Offense
Officers responded Everett St. in reference to a hit and run crash. Upon arrival they learned that a vehicle traveling on Everett St. struck the rear of a properly parked bus and left the scene. The hit and run vehicle sustained heavy damage and left debris at the scene. With the debris collected, along with a witness general description of the vehicle, Officers searched the surrounding neighborhood looking for the hit and run vehicle. A damaged vehicle was found on parked at a residence on Florence St and the debris collected from the crash scene matched. Officers made contact with the owner of the vehicle, Robison, at the residence who admitted to being involved in the crash and leaving the scene. Robison appeared to be intoxicated and was arrested and transported to City Jail where he submitted to a field sobriety test and performed poorly. Robison was asked to submit to an intoxilyzer test and he refused. This was found to be his second offense. Bond was set at $1,795.00 and he was released on bond.


»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular