Nov 13, 2013 8:13 AM by Kristen Holloway

Minors Must Prove School Enrollment and Attendance to Obtain Permit & License

Teenagers hoping to obtain their learner's permit or driver's license now have to prove they're in school.

The law went into effect September 16th of this year.

A public school official must sign the template form given by The Office of Motor Vehicles using the school letterhead, stating the student is enrolled and "attending" school. If the student gets a permit, then loses it, or needs a duplicate, OMV will need to see the form again. Any time a student goes to the OMV, he or she needs to have the current letter.

If you child is homeschooled, they must have a registration confirmation letter from The Department of Education and BESE.



Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular