Posted: May 28, 2012 12:50 PM by Tonya LaCoste
Updated: May 28, 2012 1:10 PM
1. Investigators, including the Lafayette Police Mounted Patrol Unit are searching again today for clues and evidence near the I-10 Whiskey Bay exit. Yesterday, fishermen found Mickey Shunick's bike beneath the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge at the Whiskey Bay exit 127 in Iberville Parish. The public should stay away from the area to allow investigators to their jobs.
2. Lafayette police are interested in talking to the drivers of three vehicles. The vehicles were seen around the same time Mickey was captured on her bicycle on surveillance video. Investigators hope whoever was in those vehicles can provide valuable information about Mickey. Two trucks and a car were captured. Pictures are included in this story. The first truck (Picture1) drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows. The second truck (Picture2) is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The third vehicle (Pictures 3 &4) is an 80's or 90's 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel.
3. Over the weekend, volunteer headquarters moved to Blackham Coliseum. Search parties are at it again today hoping to find Mickey or at least clues that could lead authorities to Mickey.
4. If you have information, call the tipline at 337-291-8633. A $25,000 is offered. Volunteers who want to help in the search should go to Blackham Coliseum, 2330 Johnston St. in Lafayette. Search parties leave throughout the day. You must be 18 years or older and bring your ID with you. Wear long pants and boots or closed toed shoes. ATV/fourwheeler vehicles are needed. If you have a machete bring it. Search areas are densely wooded.
5. Another benefit concert has been scheduled. Walk-On's will host the concert on Wednesday, May 30 at its Lafayette location at 2336 Kaliste Saloom Rd, from 11 a.m. until midnight. Bands will perform and proceeds will go to the continued search for Mickey as well as any incidentals or needs that the Shunick family has during this time. In order for the fund to receive the proceeds, guests must present a flyer.
6.You can donate at any Midsouth Bank location and make a deposit into the Charlene Shunick Fund or go to the Community Foundation of Acadiaan website www.cfacadiana.org.
For more information on the search for Mickey Shunick and to print a copy of the flyer, go to http://findmickeynow.com/