Jun 2, 2010 10:07 PM by Chris Welty
CANCUN, Mexico (AP) - Cancun prosecutors said Wednesday they
have begun extradition proceedings for a TV producer being sought
in his wife's death at a posh hotel in this Caribbean resort after
officially confirming he is not in Mexico.
Quintana Roo state assistant attorney general Rodolfo Garcia
said his office submitted the necessary documents to the federal
Attorney General's Office to file an extradition request with U.S.
authorities for former "Survivor" producer Bruce
A judge issued an arrest warrant Monday for the producer in the
death of his wife, Monica Beresford-Redman.
Quintana Roo state attorney general Francisco Alor said shortly
after the judge's decision was announced that the extradition
process would require a search for Bruce Beresford-Redman in Mexico
before an extradition request was made.
Garcia said the victim's sister, Jeane Burgos, traveled to
Cancun and on Wednesday submitted a document to state prosecutors
verifying the suspect's whereabouts.
The producer's lawyer previously told reporters that
Beresford-Rehman had returned to his Los Angeles home after leaving
Mexico without his passport last month.
His wife's body was found April 8 in a sewer at the resort where
the family was staying.
Beresford-Redman, 38, who had reported his wife missing two days
earlier, has denied any connection to her death.
1 day ago