Posted: Feb 7, 2013 8:33 AM
Updated: Feb 7, 2013 8:41 AM
Friday, February 8, 2013
* Friday Night Parade, Lafayette, 6:30 pm
* Krewe of Adonis in Morgan City 7:00 pm
Saturday, February 9, 2013
* Youngsville Parade, Youngsville, 11:00 am
* Children's Parade, Lafayette, 12:30 pm
* Krewe of Bonaparte Parade, Lafayette, 6:30 pm
* Krewe of Dionysus in Bayou Vista 2:00 pm
* Cypremort Point Parade Cypremort Point 1 pm
* Baldwin Mardi Gras Parade Baldwin 11 am
* Jennings Mardi Gras Festival & Parade ~ , Saturday, Activities begin in Founders Park on Main Street at 11:00 a.m with great food cookin' & family fun & crafts. The 21st Annual parade begins at 4:30 p.m. on North Main St. Immediately following the parade, dance & listen to the music from a DJ in Founders Park. Then at 6:30 p.m. Live from the Founders Park The Pine Leaf Boys will be performing until 8:30! For more info call (337) 821-5532 or email@example.com
* Children can make their very own Mardi Gras masks at the Lydia Library. Drop in on Saturday, February 9 from 10:30 a.m. through 2:30 p.m. Children of all ages are welcome, however younger children may require more parental assistance. Call 364.7808 for more info.
* Church Point Children's Mardi Gras Run (Saddle Tramp Clubhouse). Children 14 years and under $10.00 No Horses or Alcohol Allowed on Children's Mardi Gras Run 8:30-9:30 AM ~ Sign-Up/Late Registration 10:00 AM ~ Run Begins 1:00 PM ~ Children's Courir de Mardi Gras Main Street Parade. Note: The organizers do not provide a float or wagon for children to ride on during the Run. You need to provide your own transportation.
* Lake Fausse Pointe State Park will be holding its annual Mardi Gras Parade at 2:00 pm.
Sunday, February 10, 2013
* Krewe of Galatea in Morgan City 2:00 pm
* New Comer's Mardi Gras Parade, St. Martinville, 1:00pm, 337-255-8474
* 2013 Adult Courir de Mardi Gras Run Church Point(Saddle Tramp Clubhouse), 21 to 35 years old $35, Under 21 years old $25, Must Have a Valid Gov't I.D. or Driver's License. 7:00 AM Sign-Up, 8:00 AM Run Begins, 11:00 AM ~ Main Street Festival / Fair Grounds Open, 2:00 PM ~ Courir de Mardi Gras Parade Main Street - Church Point. Music Line Up: 12:00 - 2:00 PM ~ Louisiana Road Trip, 3:30 - 6:30 PM ~ Jason Frey & Lagniappe.
Monday, February 11, 2013
* Queen Evangeline's Parade, Lafayette, 6:00 pm
(Queen Evangeline, women's krewes of Attakapas, Victoria and Xanadu).
* 15th Annual Lundi Gras Parade Krewe of Amani in Patterson 2:00 pm
* Lundi Gras at Le Vieux Village. This free cultural event. Guided tours of the historic village from 1:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., a Mardi Gras costume contest, Native American Dance exhibition and live entertainment by Geno Delafose and French Rockin Boogie. The music is scheduled from 5:30 - 8:00 pm. Lawn chairs for seating allowed. Ice chests will not be allowed. Beverages and food will be available for purchase on site. 337-948-6263 or visit www.cityofopelousas.com.
* Carnival d'Acadie-- Lundi Gras in Crowley: 6:15 P.M. Welcome - Mayor Greg A. Jones 6:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. Beer 30- 9:30 P.M. - 11:00 P.M. Grammy Award winner - Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
* Carnival d'Acadie-- Mardi Gras in Crowley: 11:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M. Costume Contest, 12:30 P.M. -- 1:00 P.M. Door Decorating Contest Winners, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Jamie Bergeron & the Cajun Kickins, 3:00 P.M. Grand Parade, 4:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. Kenne' Wayne
* Eunice Courir De Mardi Gras 2013 leaves Northwest Center at 8am. In downtown Eunice, arts, crafts, food, music and dancing will be held at 10am. At the Park Avenue Stage, Cajun Fab 4 at 10am, Paul Daigle and Cajun Gold at 1pm, truck parade at 2:45pm followed by the Courir de Mardi Gras, Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys at 4pm-6pm. At the Second and Walnut Street Stage, Band TBA at 11am. At Ruby's Dance Hall, Band TBA at 11am and Band TBA at 6pm.
* Tee Mamou-Iota Mardi Gras Folklife Festival. This year marks the 26th anniversary of the festival in downtown Iota. The festivities will kick off at 9:00am and go on until the streets are cleared at 5:00pm.
* Courir de Mardi Gras de Grand Mamou, 6:30 am, Mamou
* Half Fast Krewe of Frank's Parade, Opelousas, 11:00 am
* King Gabriel's Parade, Lafayette, 10:00 am
* Grand Marais Mardi Gras Parade, Grand Marais/Jeanerette, 11:00 am
* Lafayette Mardi Gras Festival Parade, Lafayette, 1:00 pm
* Independent Parade, Lafayette, 2:00 pm
* Krewe of Hephaestus in Morgan City 2:00 pm
* Family Parade, Loreauville, 2:00 pm
* Krewe Chic-a-la-Pie Parade, Kaplan, 2:00 pm
* Krewe of Coteau Mardi Gras Parade - Coteu, LA 1 pm
* Mardi Gras Show (Mardi Gras Indian competition) at Clark Field, 5 pm
* Annual King's Court Costume Contest in Downtown on February 12th at Parc Sans Souci. Costume contestants are asked to be on-site in costume, prior to 9 a.m. for the start of the costume judging. This year's theme is Treasures of the Earth. Click here for details.
For more information click here to go to the Mardi Gras Lafayette website. Like them on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mardi-Gras-Lafayette/219994578085876