News

Sep 6, 2011 7:09 AM by Lauren Wilson & AP

Many High student electrocuted

MANY, La. (AP) - Authorities say a Many teenager was electrocuted while flying a kite with a friend.
Sabine Parish Deputy Coroner Ron Rivers tells The Times 17-year-old Tyler Burkett died Sunday at Sabine Medical Center after attempts to revive him failed. Burkett attended Many High School.
Sabine sheriff's deputies received the 911 call around 5 p.m. Burkett and a friend were at a home trying to fly a kite. Rivers said a thin plastic coated wire was tied to the kite and a piece of steel rebar was used as a handle.
Rivers said the friend advised Burkett to stop when it started raining, but he continued and within minutes was electrocuted when the kite tangled in power lines.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular