Mar 28, 2013 3:35 PM by MELISSA CANONE
LAFAYETTE, La. - The Lafayette Parish Medical Society Alliance (LPMSA) is now accepting applications for its annual scholarship cycle. The LPMSA medical scholarship, made possible by contributions from the Lafayette Parish Medical Society Alliance, aims to sustain the future of medicine in Lafayette Parish by providing scholarships to medical students who are residents of Lafayette Parish.
LPMSA is a nonprofit service organization of physicians and their spouses who are dedicated to advancing the health of Acadiana. The group is committed to promoting health education; supporting health-related charitable endeavors; encouraging participation of volunteers in activities that address health care needs; and extending health-related programs of the Lafayette Parish Medical Society.
Applicant must be:
· A resident of Lafayette Parish
· A Louisiana resident for at least 12 months prior to registering as a medical student
· Enrolled full-time in an accredited United States-based or international medical school
· Currently enrolled in or entering his/her first year of medical school
Applicant must submit:
· A completed Application Form
· Two Letters of Reference from persons other than family members, attesting to the applicant's integrity, interpersonal skills and potential as a future physician
· Proof of current enrollment or acceptance as a first-year medical student
· A typed one-page essay addressing the following: reason(s) for pursuing a medical career, personal goals and plans for a future within the profession
The deadline for Application Submission is May 31, 2013. The deadline for submission of Letters of Reference, sent directly from the individual making the recommendation, is June 7, 2013.
For additional information about the scholarship, please contact Ashley Martin, President of the Lafayette Parish Medical Society Alliance at email@example.com or Trish Olivier, CFA Program Director at 337.769.4841.
Community Foundation of Acadiana is south Louisiana's premier philanthropic organization benefiting our region, with a particular focus on the parishes of Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Mary, St. Martin and Vermilion. CFA's core purpose is to connect all generous people to the causes they care about. In 2012, Community Foundation of Acadiana was recognized among the Top 100 communityfoundations in the country as #3 Most Active Grantmaker, #36 Most Gifts perCapita, and #97 Most Activity. Additional milestones include over $110 million in cumulative gifts and over $58 million in cumulative grants. Learn more at www.cfacadiana.org.