Posted: Sep 25, 2013 3:34 PM by KATC TV-3
Hub City Cycles, LLC, is the winning participant of the Lafayette Business Plan Competition finals today at the Lafayette Economic Development office.
Owner Megan Arceneaux said the business is planning to open Oct. 7th at 208 E Vermillion St. in downtown Lafayette.
The Louisiana Small Business Development Center at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette launched the business plan competition in July, open to all entrepreneurs and small business owners in the Lafayette area. The grand prize package for Hub City Cycles includes:
· $5,000 Advertising package from Townsquare Media
· Website and Logo Design from Firefly Digital
· $3,000 ad schedule from Cox Media/Laptop and phone package from Cox Business
· Free office space from the Opportunity Machine for up to 12 months
· Greater Lafayette Chamber of Commerce one year membership
· Consideration for a loan from Home Bank to start or expand their business.