Oct 15, 2010 10:39 AM by Katie Durio
LAFAYETTE - The University of Louisiana is geared up for Homecoming 2010 with a slate of activities that is sure to spark excitement about Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns. The week-long celebration begins Sunday, Oct. 17, with something traditional and something new.
The customary Homecoming Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Sunday morning at Our Lady of Wisdom Catholic Church on campus. An afternoon activity has been added: Ragin' Cajuns bowling at Lafayette Lanes from 4 to 6 p.m.
On Monday, cut a rug with The Pine Leaf Boys at the annual Kickoff Party from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Alumni Center. Later in the week, Lafayette businesses and schools will paint the town red.
See a full schedule of events below:
Sunday, Oct. 17
• Mass and reception at Our Lady Wisdom Catholic Church at 11 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
• Bowling at Lafayette Lanes from 4 to 6 p.m.
• Spirit displays will be from 5 to 6 p.m. at Dupre Library
Monday, Oct. 18
• Cake giveaway and spirit banner signing at 11:45 a.m. on the Student Union porch
• Kick off Party from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Alumni Center.
• Cajun karaoke at 6:30 p.m. in the Student Union ballroom
Tuesday, Oct. 19
• Carnival in the Quad from noon to 2 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 20
• Paint the Town Red - Businesses from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Cajun Can Care from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Comedy Show at 7 p.m. in the Student Union ballroom
Thursday, Oct. 21
• Paint the Town Red - Schools from 8:15 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Beau Arts Ball at 7 p.m. at the Petroleum Club in Lafayette
• Yell Like Hell at 7 p.m. at Parc International
Friday, Oct. 22
• Tennis Tournamet from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Red Lerille's Health Club
• Bill Bass Open Golf Tournament from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Acadian Hills Country Club
• Paint the Town Red - Downtown Alive! at Park Sans Souci starting at 6:30 p.m. featuring Louisiana Red
• Greek Expo at 6:30 p.m. at the Student Union ballroom
• Homecoming Concert featuring the UL Lafayette Wind Ensemble with Cajun musician Michael Doucet at 7:30 p.m. in Angelle Hall auditorim. Free admission.
• Chalk the Walk, student tailgating area from 10:30 to 11:30 p.m. at Cajun Field
Saturday, Oct. 23
• Ragin' Road Race (5K fun run) at 8 a.m. at the Alumni Center
• Open House at the Alumni Center from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
• Red Jackets Reunion at 9:30 a.m. at the Alumni Center
• Homecoming parade will begin at 10 a.m.
• Home Economics Luncheon at Don's Seafood and Steakhouse, downtown from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Ragin' Red Tailgating Cook-off and Alumni Tailgating at 1 p.m. at Cajun Field.
• Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns will take on the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers at 4 p.m. at Cajun Field
• Christina Smith "Sweet Sounds of Sharing"reception at the Alumni Center starting at 8 p.m.
For more information on these and other Homecoming activities, please visit www.LOUISIANAalumni.org or http://studentunion.louisiana.edu.
3 hours ago