News

Jan 9, 2012 9:32 AM by Cecilia Stevenson

Lafayette firefighters to get CO exposure devices

LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) - The Lafayette Fire Department has received a federal grant for equipment to monitor carbon monoxide exposure.
The $22,400 grant will go to the purchase of seven devices known as pulse oximeters. Authorities say the devices provide a quick way of detecting carbon monoxide poisoning in both firefighters and civilians.
The devices will be used to screen every firefighter and potential victim in cases where a carbon monoxide detector is activated.
Lafayette Consolidated Government is adding $5,600 to the grant from the federal Department of Homeland Security.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular