Posted: Oct 21, 2013 8:24 AM by KATC
The Acadiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure announces the opening of the 2014/2015 Grant Cycle on October 21, 2013.
The Acadiana Affiliate serves 14 parishes throughout Acadiana and Central Louisiana. Since 1999 Komen Acadiana has granted over $2.8 million to local organizations providing breast cancer education, screening and treatment.
Komen Acadiana is dedicated to providing funding to the most impactful programs that will help reduce Louisiana's breast cancer mortality rate, which is the nation's third highest. The 14 parishes eligible for funding can be found on the Komen website.
The Acadiana Affiliate will implement the following priorities for the 2014-2015 grant making cycle with the focus on the low income African American population.
* Screening Mammography and diagnostic programs
* Patient Navigation to ensure those in need enter and remain within the continuum of care
* Financial assistance for treatment programs for low income, uninsured and under-insured women within the service area.
* Transportation assistance and treatment support services
* Education and awareness, including breast health awareness and community resources
Komen Acadiana was able to donate over $400,000 in June of this year to seven local programs in Acadiana and Central Louisiana for education, screening, treatment and transportation thanks to the generous support of the local Communities. The funds for the 2014/2015 grant cycle are generated through the various events held during the Pink Out period beginning in October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month) and the Acadiana and CenLA Race for the Cures along with donations made throughout the year. If you are interested in getting involved in Pink Out please contact Komen Acadiana.
For additional information regarding grant eligibility click here and search for the Request for Application.