Posted: Apr 19, 2013 2:53 PM by MELISSA CANONE
Updated: Apr 19, 2013 2:54 PM
Five qualified contestants have been selected to participate in The Vault, an exciting pitch event to be held during INNOV8, an eight-day festival of creativity and innovation in Lafayette, LA. The live, rapid-fire pitch event will give innovators the opportunity to compete for at least $150,000 in pledged commitments from a panel of angel investors.
Contestants will present their product or business innovations in front of motivated investors and a cheering audience. A brief video or demonstration of the product/business will precede a short live pitch followed by Q&A from the investors. If they like what they see and hear, groups will negotiate a deal on the spot.
A glimpse into the innovations that will be on the line during The Vault:
1. A new modular guitar that allows musicians to use one body and swap between several necks. This patented solution allows someone on stage to switch between a 6 and 12 string or electric to acoustic in less than 30 seconds. The innovator is a Martin guitar technician flying in from the Great Lakes region.
2. A personal relief line of products that are used by swat teams, hunters, prisoner transport teams, and many other groups with a similar restroom-access problems. The patent owner will be coming from the west coast. You've gotta see this one to believe it!
3. An automotive accessory product that saves auto dealerships time and money. The patent owner has been in the industry for decades and will be flying in from Illinois to pitch his open/shut product.
4. An organic compost farm looking to grow. Their solution is used all over the Acadiana region and their prime ingredient comes straight from the horse's derriere.
5. A national expert on mosquito repellents will pitch a new natural formula and delivery system for ridding the world of the deadliest insect on the planet! He'll be driving from Texas and just in time for killing summer mosquitos.
Members of the general public are welcome to attend The Vault on April 25, 2013 at Acadiana Center for the Arts auditorium at 101 West Vermilion Street in Lafayette, LA. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for a social hour and pitching will begin at 6:15 p.m. Tickets are $13 online and $11 at the door. Early arrival is recommended for those purchasing tickets at the event, since seating is limited.
Media representatives are encouraged to arrange early arrival in order to set-up photography equipment. Participants may be available before and after the event for interviews. Please contact Pete Prados for more information.
The Vault is a part of INNOV8, a project of the Greater Lafayette Chamber of Commerce. INNOV8 is an eight-day festival of innovation and creativity hosted by the community of Lafayette, Louisiana from April 19-26, 2013. For an event schedule and more information, visit innov8lafayette.com.
INNOV8 is made possible by the support from our sponsors and community volunteers.
Presenting Sponsors include Allen & Gooch, Lafayette Convention and Visitors Commission, and Winrock International. Media sponsors include Cox Communications, Ind Media, KADN Fox 15, KATC-TV3, KLFY TV10, KPEL 96.5FM, Lamar Advertising, LUS Fiber, The Daily Advertiser, Tristar Graphics Group and Vidox Motion Imagery. Organizational Sponsors include Acadiana Center for the Arts, GLCC, Lafayette Economic Development Authority (LEDA), Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise (LITE) and The University of Louisiana at Lafayette. In-Kind Sponsors and Event Organizers include, Acadiana Entrepreneur Group, BBR Creative, CBIT, Downtown T's, Graham Group, iCandy Labs, InventureWorks, Lafayette Entertainment Initiative, MEPOL, Opportunity Machine, Petroleum Club, Pixus Digital Printing, Prejean Creative, the705, and the Tipitina's Music Office Co-Op.