Lafayette

Feb 24, 2013 11:35 AM by katc

House Fire Leaves One Injured; Minimal Damage to Home

A grease fire is to blame for a fire in the Ossun area. Around 12:30 Sunday morning, the Scott Fire Department, with help from Carencro and Duson, responded to a house fire at 200 French Court in the Ossun area. When they arrived, units found smoke coming from the home, with a man under the carport with burns to his hands and arms. Initial crews entered the home to extinguish a small fire in the kitchen area, which spread into the attic. The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the area of origin, with minimal damage to the remaining structure.

An investigation of the incident revealed the fire to be accidental in nature. The male was cooking, igniting a grease fire. In an effort to extinguish the fire, the male sustained second and third degree burns to his hands and arms. His younger brother ran to the neighbors to inform them of the situation and call 911.

The burn victim was transported to Lourdes Burn Center for treatment.

»Comments

More News

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular