News

Nov 11, 2009 12:17 PM by Rob Kirkpatrick

Henderson Lake Fish Population To Be Replenished

By next summer, Henderson Lake should be back to it's Pre-Gustav fishing form.

The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries replenished the lake with some 112,000 fish.

It was a mixed bag, 70% Blue Gill, the remaining 30% Red Ear sunfish.

The hatchlings are from the Inland Fisheries Booker Fowler Fish Hatchery.

Wildlife and Fisheries is expecting next Spring and Summer to be a good season. They also expect fish from upriver to help replenish the lake.

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular