Posted: Sep 16, 2011 7:49 AM by Lauren Wilson & AP
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Representatives of a national search firm told the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board it will review the qualifications of 100-plus people interested in being superintendent and narrow that number down to seven to 12 candidates by Dec. 7.
Gary Solomon, chief executive officer of PROACT, told board members Thursday he is very confident in his company's ability to deliver high-quality superintendent candidates.
The Advocate reports the school board voted last month to hire PROACT to handle the search to replace Superintendent John Dilworth. In May, Dilworth announced he planned to leave when his three-year contract expires in June.