Posted: Dec 12, 2012 4:24 AM by Cecilia Stevenson
Updated: Dec 12, 2012 4:26 AM
Just before 9:30 Tuesday night Lafayette police and fire officials responded to a fireplace fire on the 600 block of North Mountauban. Firefighters extinguished the flames and heavy smoke coming from the fireplace stack within 30 minutes.
The roof and attic around the fireplace stack were severely damaged, the inside of the house sustained moderate smoke damage.
There were no injuries to report. An investigation determined the fire started in the fireplace flute.