Lafayette

Aug 19, 2014 12:06 PM by Dave Fields

Firefighters extinguish Sunday evening blaze at Broussard mobile home

Broussard Fire Department, with the assistance of the Youngsville and Milton Fire Departments, extinguished a blaze Sunday evening at a mobile home on Terrebone Rd.

Firefighters report that only the family's two pets were home at the time of the fire. The trailer was home to a woman and her three children, all of whom were not present when BFD arrived at the scene about 8:20 p.m. Investigators said the blaze likely originated in a dryer located in the utility room. According to investigators, the trailer was fully engulfed on one side when firefighters arrived about eight minutes after they were called, but were able to extinguish the blaze fairly quickly. Firefighters also said that they remained on scene for several hours putting out hotspots.

Firefighters said they believe that no animals perished in the fire.

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular