_Continuous News

Nov 20, 2012 8:09 AM by AP

Fire claims life in St. Landry Parish

KROTZ SPRINGS, La. (AP) - A 73-year-old man was killed in a fire inside his home in Krotz Springs.

State Fire Marshal H. "Butch" Browning says firefighters were called to a home at about 8:45 a.m. Monday. After the fire was extinguished, Browning says remains believed to be that of Floyd Mason were found inside near a door.

Through investigation it was learned Mason was a double-amputee who used oxygen and was known to smoke while using the gas. It was also learned that the man used electric space heaters for warmth.

Browning says investigators confirmed a space heater was in the living room where the fire is believed to have started and may be a possible ignition source. They also have not ruled out unsafe smoking practices and electrical malfunction as possible causes.

 

 

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular