News

Mar 18, 2013 9:03 AM by AP/CS

Fire causes damage to St. Joseph's Academy

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Baton Rouge firefighters believe an electrical malfunction in a meeting room sparked a fire at St. Joseph's Academy.

Fire department spokesman Robert Combs tells The Advocate firefighters arrived at the school at 1:08 p.m. Saturday.

Combs says fire damage was contained to the meeting room, but the rest of the structure sustained moderate smoke and heat damage.

No one was in the building at the time of the fire.

St. Joseph's spokeswoman Mindy Averitt said class schedules will not be affected by the fire.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular