News

Apr 6, 2012 10:41 AM by AP

Faulty vehicle wiring starts house fire

BAKER, La. (AP) - A Baker Fire Department spokesman says faulty vehicle wiring started a blaze that destroyed a house and two nearby vehicles.

Department spokesman Howard Ward tells The Advocate investigators found that the fire started in one vehicle's engine compartment, spreading first to the other vehicle and then to the house.

The homeowner was at work when a passer-by reported the fire about 3:10 a.m. Thursday.

Ward says the homeowner told investigators he had been modifying one vehicle's stereo system before he left the house about 4 p.m. Wednesday.

The fire burned through the home's attic and roof.

Ward says nobody was injured fighting the fire.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular