News

Sep 7, 2010 4:17 PM by Kate Mundy

Fatal Fire Caused by Candles

Lafayette fire investigators have determined that the fatal fire at 126 Smith Street was most likely caused by an unattended candle. The fire burned the home on Saturday September 4th. Walter Romero Jr., 53, was discovered dead.

Investigators found remnants of candles near the bed in the area of origin.  The candles would have been utilized for lighting. There was no electricity supplied to the dwelling.

The cause of death is still under investigation by the coroner's office.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular