Lafayette

Sep 14, 2013 2:25 PM by katc

Electrical Short to Blame for Mobile Home Fire in Lafayette

An electrical short in wiring is to blame for a mobile home fire in Lafayette. Duson, Scott, and Judice Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the fire at 1320 Sellers Road just before 7:30 this morning. When firefighters arrived, flames were coming from the interior of the dwelling. Emergency crews entered the burning structure, and they say the fire was in a rear bedroom. The mobile home sustained heavy fire damage.

The occupants, Daniell Utsey, her young son, and her roommate, Marlon Wiltz, were not home when the fire started. In addition to losing all their belongings, their dog also perished in the fire. The occupants began renting the mobile home in August.

Lafayette fire investigators determined that the electrical short in the wiring that caused the fire originated in the rear bedroom.

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular