Lafayette

Jul 20, 2013 12:28 PM by katc

Electrical Short the Cause of a Lafayette House Fire


An electrical short in an extension cord is to blame for a house fire last night in Lafayette. Lafayette firefighters responded to a house fire last night around 7:50 pm. When emergency crews arrived at 1817 N. St. Antoine Street, flames were coming from a window and the roof of the dwelling. Firefighters battled the structure fire for fifteen minutes before getting it under control. The fire caused heavy fire and smoke damage to the dwelling.

The occupants, Ms. Tanya Mouton and her family, were not home when the fire started. The fire destroyed all contents of the dwelling as well.

Fire investigators determined the fire originated in the bedroom. The cause of the fire was most probably due to an electrical short in an extension cord. The fire was ruled an accident.

»Comments

More News

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular