Lafayette

Feb 3, 2013 12:06 PM by katc

Electrical Cord to Blame for House Fire in Lafayette

A short in an electrical cord is to blame for a house fire in Lafayette. At 7:02 this morning, Lafayette firefighters responded to 713 Patterson Street to a reported house fire. When firefighters arrived, heavy smoke was coming from inside the home. Firefighters suppressed the fire within ten minutes. The interior of the dwelling sustained heavy fire and smoke damage.

The occupant, Mike Broussard, told firefighters he was asleep when he heard a loud sound. He opened his bedroom door and noticed heavy smoke coming from the living room. He exited the dwelling through a front door.

Fire investigators determined that the fire originated in the living room. An electrical short in an extension cord started the fire. The occupants utilized numerous extension cords from a temporary electrical pole. The cause of the fire was an accident.

 

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular