Lafayette

Aug 21, 2014 11:44 AM

Edgar Martin's cafeteria closed following carbon monoxide leak

Edgar Martin Middle School cafeteria workers were evacuated this morning after carbon monoxide was leaking from one of the stove burners. Four employees were taken to the hospital, saying they were dizzy, and one even passed out. Students were not in the cafeteria, and they will not be eating in the cafeteria until an all-clear is given by the fire department. A bag lunch will be given to students today, and they will eat in their classrooms. A robo-call went out to parents that informed them of the incident; class will be dismissed at the normal time. All of the workers are expected to be okay.

According to Alton Trahan with the Lafayette Fire Department, the appliance leaking the carbon monoxide was disconnected, and the cafeteria was aired out throughout the day. The levels have been proven safe for workers and students to use the cafeteria Friday.

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular