Posted: Apr 11, 2011 8:13 AM by Nichole Larkey
Updated: Apr 11, 2011 8:16 AM
Dorian's tips for adding more fruits and vegetables to your daily food plan!
1. Use more fruits & vegetables as snacks. Serve raw vegetables with reduced fat ranch dressing & fruit with low fat yogurt dip to enhance appeal.
2. Add fruit to cereals, oatmeal, and yogurt
3. Keep raisins or grapes in the freezer for a quick "frozen snack"
4. Add extra vegetables to soup
5. Enhance salads with reduced fat cheese or artificial bacon bits to increase acceptance and intake
6. Toss fresh spinach leaves in a salad
7. Make a yogurt shake with fresh fruit such as bananas or strawberries, yogurt and milk
8. Keep packaged frozen fruit in the freezer for last minute use in muffins, quick breads and shakes
9. Stir fry vegetables in a little low sodium soy sauce for a quick different flavor.
Dorian Driscoll, MS, LDN, RD is a registered & Licensed Dietitian. Dorian is one of only two dozen recipients of the Certificate of Training in Adolescent Childhood Weight Management in Louisiana, November,
2007, by the Commission on Dietetic Registration -Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management, Dorian
has devoted her life to the field of Health and Wellness, Nutrition, Counseling, Weight Loss, Sports Nutrition and
the Trim Kids program. Using the latest computerized program for recording patient information, Dorian assures
accuracy in her treatment plan.
Contact Dorian the Dietitian at 337-654-9528