Posted: Jul 8, 2013 10:13 AM by MELISSA CANONE
Updated: Jul 8, 2013 10:19 AM
BATON ROUGE -- The Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality is distributing an updated Hurricane Resource Manual to all 64 parishes. The manual contains information pertaining to hurricane/emergency recovery assistance as it relates to permitting, debris collection and environmental cleanup resources. This is the second year DEQ has compiled the manual for the parishes.
The manual is hand-delivered to parish emergency response officials by DEQ representatives in an effort to assist parish officials in following environmental regulations during emergency situations, while speeding up the recovery process. The manual is delivered to each office so there will be information handy to local officials should the power or internet access be knocked out.
The manual contains vital information such as:
· Lists pre-approved debris sites and locations
· How to add a debris site
· The DEQ Debris Management Plan
· An example of the Declaration of Emergency
· An example of a general permit and a short-term general permit
· A list of sanitary waste water treatment facilities
· An example of an Incident Action Plan (IAP)
· Re-entry information
· A DEQ contacts list
· An example of a variance application
All parishes receive a manual with instructions on its use. Information is updated annually and is available on the DEQ Web site at: www.deq.louisiana.gov.