Sep 2, 2011 12:52 PM by Lauren Wilson
Cleco Power LLC is preparing for Tropical Depression 13. They have secured all neessary crews in case of a possible mobilization.
"Now is the time for our customers to prepare for possible storm damage and power outages," Anthony Bunting, vice president of customer service and energy delivery for Cleco, said. "The unpredictability of this storm means that many customers will have to prepare for possible power outages and flooding."
They are offering tips to stay prepared for the possibility of a storm.
· Have flashlights, a battery-powered radio and plenty of batteries on hand. Updates on power and restoration are broadcast to the public through the media.
· Plan ahead for any special medical or special needs you might have. Make provisions for a generator, if needed.
· Make sure you have first aid supplies and baby items, if needed.
· Have at least one traditional analog phone in your home that does not require electricity to operate. Cordl ess phones and phones with built-in answering machines will not work during a power outage.
· Have a three-day supply of water
To report an outage call 1-800-622-6537. To track outages or for additional tips, visit www.cleco.com.
1 hour ago