Posted: Jun 22, 2011 6:52 PM by Herbie Smith
Updated: Jun 22, 2011 6:59 PM
Firefighters are investigating a casino fire near New Iberia.
Bernard Terradot, the owner of spanish lake casino says when he arrived at his casino Wednesday morning,fire and smoke were coming from the front of the facility.
The flames caused some damage to the exterior of the casino but mostly to the interior.
The owner believes the fire was caused after someone discarded a lit cigarette.
"I think it was a cigarette somebody dropped and it worked its way under the column and started going up," said Terradot.