Posted: Feb 4, 2011 6:53 PM by Herbie Smith
Updated: Feb 4, 2011 6:53 PM
In Acadia Parish, firefighters are investigating a camper fire that claimed 66 year old Nathan Whiddon's life. He died Thursday evening in Evangeline. Detectives have not confirmed his cause of death; however they do believe a space heater played a role.
"Due to the point of origin of where the fire started, a space heater was there. From that determination the points tell us where," Melvin Clay with Evangeline Fire Department.