Dec 30, 2013 3:47 PM by AP
The Louisiana Office of Alcohol & Tobacco Control (ATC) wants to remind businesses throughout the state to operate with an increased awareness and sense of responsibility during New Year's celebrations.
ATC agents will be out in full force to ensure public safety during the holiday. They will be checking to make sure that alcohol and tobacco products are sold and served responsibly.
ATC Commissioner Troy Hebert encourages businesses to be proactive to avoid problems associated with large crowds. ATC offers these tips for businesses preparing for the holiday:
· Develop a plan to ensure that minors are not served alcohol or tobacco products.
· Develop a policy and educate employees on identifying proper identification (ID's).
· Ensure that you have obtained special event permits for any events outside your licensed premises (i.e.in the parking lot, etc.).
· Ensure that your alcohol and tobacco inventory is purchased from licensed wholesale dealers.
· Ensure that all permits are current and clearly visible.
· Remember that ATC agents may enter your permitted location at any time.
· Ensure you are in compliance with Trade Practice Regulations (visit the ATC website www.atc.la.gov).