News

Mar 24, 2010 9:02 AM by Katie Durio

Apartment Fire in Lafayette

Lafayette Fire Department responded to 300 McDonald Drive, Steeplechase Apartments, shortly before 5:00 pm yesterday.

Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy smoke coming from apartment S11. The fire was contained to a bedroom in the apartment but the rest of the apartment sustained major smoke damage.

The occupant, Chanesha Charles, was home with her two kids when her five year old son lit a piece of paper from a burning candle. Scared, he threw the burning paper into the closet.

The burning paper ignited other combustibles in the closet starting a fire. The cause of the fire was accidental.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular