Covering Louisiana

Mar 6, 2014 8:48 AM by AP (Photo courtesy MGN Online)

Airport official: Property tax renewal necessary

Officials say a 10-year, 0.62-mill property tax renewal, one of several items on the April 5 ballot, is necessary to continue funding operations at Lake Charles Regional Airport.
Heath Allen, the airport's executive director, tells the American Press the tax accounts for about 30 percent of the airport's yearly budget and that it would generate nearly $690,000 a year. The other 70 percent of the budget is funded through private leases at the airport, including 28 tenants.
He says it's the lowest ad valorem in the parish for any public body.

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular