Posted: Nov 2, 2010 8:31 AM by Nichole Larkey
New Orleans, LA - For the last 4 years, the Advocacy Center has staffed a voting hotline to answer questions from people with disabilities and seniors. Questions to the hotline include:
* Where do I vote?
* When do the polls close?
* How do I vote absentee by mail?
* I'm in a hospital. Can I vote?
* I need transportation to my polling place. Are there any resources available?
* My polling place is not fully accessible. Can you help?
* Who can provide assistance in voting?
* How do I file a HAVA complaint?
Once again, Advocacy Center staff are ready to help. Today, from 6 am to 8 pm, the voters can call to report problems or get help - 1-800-960-7705 (Voice) or 1-866-935-7348 (TTY) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"We're so excited for this opportunity to answer voting questions and protect the voting rights of people with disabilities and seniors," said Stephanie Patrick, director of the Advocacy Center's voting rights programs. "Hopefully, we'll get lots of calls."